Dear Members and pupils in chambers
Kindly be informed that the 33rd Annual General Meeting 2019 of the Perak State Bar will be held on the 22nd day of February 2019 at 3.00 pm on Friday at Kinta Riverfront Hotel & Suites, Lavender Hall – Level 3, Kinta Riverfront, Jalan Lim Bo Seng, 30000 Ipoh Perak Darul Ridzuan.
We enclose herewith a copy of the Notice and Report of the Annual General Meeting 2019 for your attention.
Perak Bar Committee
- To confirm and adopt the minutes of the Perak Bar Annual General Meeting held on 09.02.2018.
- Matters arising from the above minutes.
- To consider, to adopt the Annual Report 2018/2019.
- To consider, to pass the Accounts for the period 1.1.2018 to 31.12.2018.
- To elect the Chairman of the Perak Bar Committee for the year 2019/2020.
- To elect ten members of the Perak Bar Committee for 2019/2020.
- To elect one Member to represent the Perak Bar to the Bar Council for the year 2019/2020.
- To appoint two Honorary Auditors
- Members are kindly requested to make every effort to attend the meeting punctually to ensure quorum for the Meeting.
- Registration Counter will be opened from 2.30 p.m. onwards and light refreshments will be served.
- Only members of the Perak Bar shall be entitled to attend and vote at the Meeting. Pupils may attend as observers but shall not vote and shall be seated only.
- At the Meeting every member present shall have one vote and where there is an equality of votes, the presiding member shall have a casting vote.
- We take this opportunity to remind Members that under section 70(2C) of the Legal Profession Act 1976 (“LPA”), if any Member of the Perak State Bar desires to propose any motion to be considered at the said AGM, the Member shall, “not less than seven days before the date first appointed for holding the meeting, serve on the Secretary of the Perak State Bar a notice of such motion in writing”.
- Under the Continuing Professional Development “(CPD”) Scheme, you will earn one CPD point for attending the AGM.
Kindly find the a copy of the Notice and Report of the Annual General Meeting 2019 for your attention.