Dear Members of the Malaysian Bar and pupils in chamber
We refer to Circular No. 025/2019 dated 15th February 2019, giving notice of the Annual General Meeting of the Malaysia Bar to be held as follows :
We take this opportunity to remind Members that under section 64(6) of the Legal Profession Act 1976 (“LPA”), if any Member of the Malaysian Bar desires to propose any motion to be considered at the said AGM, the Member shall, “not less than seven days before the date first appointed for holding the meeting, serve on the Secretary of the Malaysian Bar a notice of such motion in writing”.
In accordance with section 64(4) of the LPA, the quorum shall be 500 Members of the Malaysian Bar. If the quorum is not present by 11:00 am, the AGM shall be adjourned to 11:15 am on the same day and at the same venue.
Please note that you will be required to produce your National Registration Identity Card (“NRIC”) or driver’s licence in order to register your attendance for the AGM. Under the Continuing Professional Development (“CPD”) Scheme, you will earn one CPD point for attending the AGM.
Kindly be informed that the Perak Bar Committee will provide transportation to the Members to attend the AGM on 16th March 2019 (Saturday), providing that the bus is 80% full.
Members who are interested to attend the AGM, kindly submit your names to the Secretariat on / before Tuesday (12.03.2019).
Members are urged to make every effort to attend the AGM so that issues affecting the profession may be effectively discussed by as many Members as possible.
We look forward to your presence and participation at the AGM on 16 March 2019 (Saturday).
(1) Members are kindly requested to make every effort to attend the meeting punctually to ensure a quorum of 500.
(2) Registration counters will open from 8:30 am. Light refreshments will be served.
(3) All Members and pupils in chambers shall, upon registering their names, wear the designated wristbands for the purpose of admission.
(4) Pupils in chambers may attend but shall not vote, and shall be seated only at the area(s) designated for them.
(5) For information on preferential hotel corporate rates secured by the Bar Council, please refer to the current list, which can be downloaded from the scroll box located on the top right-hand section of the Malaysian Bar website at www.malaysianbar.org.my