Dear Members and pupils in chambers
NOTICE is hereby given that the 34th Annual General Meeting (“AGM”) of the Perak State Bar will be held as follows :-
DATE : FEBRUARY 14th 2020 (FRIDAY)
TIME : 3.40PM
VENUE : BONZAI B, LEVEL 4, SYEUN HOTEL IPOH
88, JALAN SULTAN ABDUL JALIL
30300 IPOH, PERAK DARUL RIDZUAN
We attached herewith a copy of the NOTICE and REPORT OF THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING 2019/2020, for which Members will receive by email before the AGM.
Members who attend the 34th AGM of the Perak State Bar will receive a print copy of the Annual Report on a first-come, first-served basis, as only limited print copies will be produced.
The PDF version will be uploaded on the Perak Bar website.
Under the Continuing Professional Development (“CPD”) Scheme, you will earn one CPD point for attending the AGM.
Members are urged to make every effort to attend the AGM so that issues affecting the profession may be effectively discussed by as many Members as possible.
We look forward to your presence and participation at the AGM on 14th February 2020.
Perak Bar Committee
- To confirm and adopt the minutes of the Perak Bar Annual General Meeting held 22.02.2019.
- Matters arising from the above minutes.
- To consider, to adopt the Annual Report 2019/2020.
- To consider, to pass the Accounts for the period 1.1.2019 to 31.12.2019.
- To elect the Chairman of the Perak Bar Committee for the year 2020/2021.
- To elect ten members of the Perak Bar Committee for 2020/2021.
- To elect one Member to represent the Perak Bar to the Bar Council for the year 2020/2021.
- To appoint two Honorary Auditors
- Members are kindly requested to make every effort to attend the meeting punctually to ensure quorum for the Meeting.
- Registration Counter will be opened from 2.30 p.m. onwards and light refreshments will be served.
- Only members of the Perak Bar shall be entitled to attend and vote at the Meeting. Pupils may attend as observers but shall not vote and shall be seated only.
- At the Meeting every member present shall have one vote and where there is an equality of votes, the presiding member shall have a casting vote.
- We take this opportunity to remind Members that under section 70(2C) of the Legal Profession Act 1976 (“LPA”), if any Member of the Perak State Bar desires to propose any motion to be considered at the said AGM, the Member shall, “not less than seven days before the date first appointed for holding the meeting, serve on the Secretary of the Perak State Bar a notice of such motion in writing”.
- Under the Continuing Professional Development “(CPD”) Scheme, you will earn one CPD point for attending the AGM.
This Notice of AGM can be accessed here
This AGM 2020 – Final Report can be accessed here