We refer to the Notice dated 29th January 2021 in respect of our AGM 2021/2022 which is scheduled on 19/2/2021 at 2.30pm.
In view of the Covid-19 outbreak and ongoing Movement Control Order (“MCO”), Perak Bar Committee has deliberated and decided to hold the AGM in a virtual manner whereby the AGM will be through live streaming and online remote voting via Remote Participation and Voting (“RPV”).
We attached herewith a copy of the NOTICE, REPORT OF THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING 2020/2021 and MOTION dated 2ND FEBRUARY 2021. The PDF version will be uploaded on the Perak Bar website.
- To confirm and adopt the minutes of the Perak Bar Annual General Meeting held 14.02.2020.
- Matters arising from the above minutes.
- To consider, to adopt the Annual Report 2020/2021.
- To consider, to pass the Accounts for the period 1.1.2020 to 31.12.2020.
- To elect the Chairman of the Perak Bar Committee for the year 2021/2022.
- To elect ten members of the Perak Bar Committee for 2021/2022.
- To elect one Member to represent the Perak Bar to the Bar Council for the year 2021/2022.
- To appoint two Honorary Auditors
Members are required to follow the simple registration procedure in order to participate and vote in the Annual General Meeting remotely. The said guidelines and a video explanation will be emailed and made available at our website at www.perakbar.org.
Any member who require assistance in respect of the registration could contact our secretariat staffs.
Kindly take note of the following :-
- The AGM will be conducted from the Perak Bar Secretariat at No 41, Jalan Dato Maharajalela, 30000 Ipoh, Perak Darul Ridzuan on a virtual basis. Members of the Perak Bar (“Members”) are therefore reminded not to physically attend the AGM
- Similar to physical AGMs, only Members of the Perak Bar with a valid Sijil Annual and Practising Certificate 2021 (“Members”) are entitled to register, participate and vote at the AGM.
- Pupils in Chambers (“Pupils”) may register to attend as observers but shall not vote or participate at the AGM.
- Members could download the Notice of AGM, Annual Reports of the Chairman and Committee and any Motions (if any) from our website or refer to our Circulars. No hard copy is made available.
- Kindly ensure that you have a strong and stable internet connection throughout the live streaming of the AGM.
- No recording, screen capture of the proceedings is allowed throughout the meeting.
- Members are allowed to login starting from 1.45pm.
- Please note that the video screen must be on when a member is allowed into the virtual meeting. Members are advised to mute during the meeting unless there is a need to participate in the meeting.
- During the AGM, members could :-
- Watch and listen to the live streaming of the AGM proceedings on 19 February 2021 (Friday) at 2:30 pm (internet connection and browser required).
- Participate in the AGM agenda via video call only when the floor is open (Members only).
iii. Nominate candidates for elections and cast votes anonymously (Members only).
- Other online protocols and relevant instructions will be informed by the meeting Chairperson upon commencement of the AGM.
AW SHENG MIN
PERAK BAR COMMITTEE