Dear Members and pupils in chambers
RE : 37TH ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING 2023 OF PERAK STATE BAR ON 17TH FEBRUARY 2023 (FRIDAY)
Notice is hereby given that the 37th Annual General Meeting (“AGM”) of the Perak State Bar will be held as follows :-
DATE : FEBRUARY,17TH 2023 (FRIDAY)
TIME : 3.00PM
VENUE : IPOH SWIMMING CLUB
MULTIFUNCTION HALL, LEVEL 2
NO. 144, JALAN KELAB RENANG
OFF JALAN RAJA DR NAZRIN SHAH
PERAK DARUL RIDZUAN
We attached herewith a copy of the Notice of the Annual General Meeting 2022/2023. The PDF version will be uploaded on the Perak Bar website.
Under the Continuing Professional Development (“CPD”) Scheme, you will earn one CPD point for attending the AGM.
We look forward to your participation at the AGM on 17th February 2023.
Perak Bar Committee
1. To confirm and adopt the minutes of the Perak Bar 36th Annual General Meeting held on 18.02.2022.
2 Matters arising from the above minutes.
3. To consider, to adopt the Annual Report 2022/2023.
4. To consider, to pass the Accounts for the period 1.1.2022 to 31.12.2022.
5. To elect the Chairman of the Perak Bar Committee for the year 2023/2024.
6. To elect ten members of the Perak Bar Committee for 2023/20224.
7. To elect one Member to represent the Perak Bar to the Bar Council for the year 2023/2024.
8. To appoint two Honorary Auditors
1. Members are kindly requested to make every effort to attend the meeting punctually to ensure quorum for the Meeting.
2. Registration Counter will be opened from 2.30 p.m. onwards and light refreshments will be served.
3. Only members of the Perak Bar shall be entitled to attend and vote at the Meeting. Pupils may attend as observers but shall not vote and shall be seated only.
4. At the Meeting every member present shall have one vote and where there is an equality of votes, the presiding member shall have a casting vote.
5. We take this opportunity to remind Members that under section 70(2C) of the Legal Profession Act 1976 (“LPA”), if any Member of the Perak State Bar desires to propose any motion to be considered at the said AGM, the Member shall, “not less than seven days before the date first appointed for holding the meeting, serve on the Secretary of the Perak State Bar a notice of such motion in writing”.
6. Under the Continuing Professional Development “(CPD”) Scheme, you will earn one CPD point for attending the AGM.
Download AGM NOTICE 2023 here